nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Screen Enclosures - the war against the pests

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Screen Enclosures - the war against the pests
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:51:06 -0500

John,
I have used old nylon curtains for years instead of the commercial row covers, and they let water through just fine.  I've sewn them onto plants to keep pests out, and clothespinned them over tomato cages to keep off frost.  They last for years, and come in various sizes and shapes.  They don't tear easily either.    Donna