nafex - Re: [NAFEX] squirrel success

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] squirrel success
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:23:53 -0500

In addition to the tasty eating, Michele has a nice idea about paying local boys a 'bounty' on each one they capture - and beyond that, the youngsters might also be able to make a little cash(little being the operative word) &/or get some nice fishing lures. Mepps buys squirrel tails (somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-25 cents each), but they also have a program where you can trade squirrel tails for lures. I've caught more bass on Mepps spinners or Mepps Comet lures than just about anything else I can think of.
http://fishing.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=fishing&cdn=sports&tm=9&f=10&su=p531.49.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=0&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.mepps.com/squirrels

Squirrel poles equipped with snares are quite effective in some settings.
http://www.snareshop.com/cgi-bin/snareshop/catalog.html?cat=Snares
http://www.aircav.com/survival/asch08/asch08p06.html

  • [NAFEX] squirrel success, Michele Stanton, 08/01/2008
    • Message not available
      • Re: [NAFEX] squirrel success, Lucky Pittman, 08/01/2008