nafex - [NAFEX] Problem with berry decoys

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Problem with berry decoys
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:44:28 -0500

My trained(?) Robins ignored my Juneberries and cherries long enough for me to harvest most of them. I leave fake berries hanging in these trees and bushes the year around.
Then, when the fledglings left the nest, they went straight for the unpicked fruit and cleaned up on it in a matter of days. At first the parent (conditioned) Robins didn't join their young in the berry feast but did so after a few hours into the feeding frenzy. I need another idea to keep the fledglings off the fruit.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Problem with berry decoys, Jim Fruth, 07/31/2008