nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cherry Pitter

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cherry Pitter
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 06:24:27 -0700

Perhaps you should be specific about the ways in which you found them lacking.

This year was the first year I bought a cherry pitter.  And the first time I ever used one (my mom never had such a thing in her kitchen). I got the OXO cherry pitter and it works pretty well. It's tedious work and I don't know if a bulk cherry pitter would remedy that.  However, it fits well in the hand and it has a see-through "cage" at the bottom so it's relatively easy to trap the cherry pit before it falls into your bowl of fruit.