nafex - [NAFEX] Controlling fruit "wasps"

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Controlling fruit "wasps"
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 05:15:27 -0700 (PDT)

I am having problems this year with what appears to be a 1"-1.25" "wasp" biting holes in my gooseberries and then feeding on the interior of the fruit.  Insect is dark colored.  Numbers seem to be increasing each day.  Outside of covering the plants with insect barrier cloth, is there any recommendation on how to deal with them.

I have a high res picture I can email if interested.
Thanks
John

  • [NAFEX] Controlling fruit "wasps", John S, 07/07/2008