nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Goumi 'Sweet Scarlet' (Eleagnus multiflora)

  • From: abb7@Lehigh.EDU
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Goumi 'Sweet Scarlet' (Eleagnus multiflora)
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 14:42:45 -0400

I have been picking goumi fruit today, and measured a few. Most are about 9/16" long and 7/16" wide. Mine is a Sweet Scarlet from Raintree.
To get an idea of the productivity, you can look at a picture of my goumi plant here:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s303/alexander3_photos/garden/goumi.jpg

It does have one shoot from below the graft that is not nearly so productive.

Any suggestions for what to do with these, or tips on how to process?

Alex