nafex - [NAFEX] Rasberries

  • From: "Robert C. Mullins" <mullins@gaelicmysts.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rasberries
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 17:17:42 -0500

I have a strange situation. I planted a red rasberry last year and it seems fine. This year it put on flowers and started to 'berry-up' but then one day I went out to check on it, and noticed that the entire flower stem were dead, dead, dead. The plant is perfectly fine and is putting on next years shoots, but everything on the flower/berry ends died.

I thought this was an isolated instance. However I was out gathering wild blackberries and notice I have one or two patches out there in the field with the same exact symptoms. Anybody have any clues about this? I was thinking maybe rain/water stress? Whatever it is it affects Rubus for sure.

--
Robert C. Mullins M.S. IT
GaelicMysts, Owner