nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Stratifying seeds/hickory

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Stratifying seeds/hickory
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:39:50 +0000

I just discovered a small bag of hickory nuts in the refrig., put there last
fall. The project I'd considered them for was dropped, and I forgot the
seeds. Anyone want them? They are from Madison, WI.

> From: doudone
> Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 23:10:03 -0400
> To: nafex
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Stratifying seeds
>
> refridge - in damp, but not wet potting soil - stick the bags to the
> back of the shelves and bring them out next spring when it's
> greenhouse/planting time -
>

> On Jun 8, 2008, at 8:47 PM, Regina Kreger wrote:
>

>> A friend wants to try growing some cherries and walnuts from seed,
>> just
>> for fun. I told him he needed to stratify the seeds, but how long? And
>> in the freezer or refrigerator?
>>
>> Thanks, folks.
>>
>> Regina

It’s easy to add contacts from Facebook and other social sites through
Windows Live™ Messenger. Learn how.
https://www.invite2messenger.net/im/?source=TXT_EML_WLH_LearnHow