nafex - [NAFEX] Winterkill hypothesis

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Winterkill hypothesis
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:55:24 -0500

    I grow alot of zone 4 and zone 5 fruits here in zone 3.  I have had excellent results until this year.  This year, the out-of-zone plants exhibit winterkill in proportion to where they would normally be grown.  I had an extra month of Winter/Spring and I'm beginning to suspect that plants remember how many months Winter/Spring should take back in their native habitat and respond accordingly.  Does this hypothesis match with what you are seeing in your orchard?

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Winterkill hypothesis, Jim Fruth, 06/09/2008