nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw grafting

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw grafting
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 14:08:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/2008 1:23:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, goatdoc@ctitech.com writes:

.Any advice as to wrapping,nurse limb,top working etc.?I use the
oblique bark graft

Hi Keith,

Not sure what an oblique bark graft is, but. My advise is top work and don't leave a nurse limb. In other words cut off somewhere above 12 inches, remove limbs lower than that and place one scion per inch of cut off diameter. Then seal the entire graft with Parafilm and protect from the sun with an aluminum foil around it and open on the North side, and not wrapped tight. This can be removed once the bud breaks out through the Parafilm.

This method works well for me.

Jerry

  • [NAFEX] pawpaw grafting, R. Keith Etheridge, 06/05/2008
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw grafting, Jwlehman, 06/05/2008