nafex - Re: [NAFEX] required time to set Imidan before rain

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] required time to set Imidan before rain
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 20:17:51 -0400

Ed, this post of yours has made me think about what I have been doing.
I had some spreader/sticker years ago. When I used it all up, I went without. I have been using a very small squirt of dish soap which should be a good spreader. It does nothing in the "sticker" department of course. Friday was a clear calm day and rain was expected on Saturday and Sunday so I did my first Imidan spray then rather than wait any longer.
Between Alan's question and your answer I suddenly realized that the soap might actually assist the rain in washing off the Imidan (and other sprays I will use later in the season). I guess it's time to invest in a new product. Nu-Film 17 seems to come only in gallon size and that will last me a very long time. Maybe I'll just buy it anyway and then I will have it when I need it.

Steve

Ed Fackler wrote:
Al:

     To deal with the situation below regarding the efficiency/adhesion of Imidan (and others) I'd suggest the use of a sticker/spreader/UV inhibitor.  Nu-Film 17 was my choice years back and there may be others which have the same capacity to do the job.

     I could easily get 14 days of protection from Imidan using it.

ed