nafex - Re: [NAFEX] orchard ladder

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] orchard ladder
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:37:42 -0400

I also have a "Little Giant" ladder. I don't have trees that need pruning and are tall enough to need more than a kitchen stepladder (which is much lighter and easier to carry around) but we use it to change lightbulbs in difficult spots, to get on top of the roof, to hang swings in the oak trees, and for all the other things suburbanites use ladders for. It's especially good if you need stability on uneven ground, as you can set the two sides to different lengths. But it is wide on both sides, not just one side like the tripod.

One year we brought it to the neighborhood Christmas-tree set up. (The families around a dead end collectively put up a large x-mas tree that needs to be supported with wires strung from nearby houses.) The next year two other families had purchased the same ladder. It's a great ladder.

Ginda