nafex - [NAFEX] Un-sweet muskmelons

  • From: Rosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Un-sweet muskmelons
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 20:06:16 -0400

Central Virginia tough red clay: As with all other fruits, if you have heavy soil, try to find varieties that will tolerate it. I am in a search for "clay-loving muskmelons". If the fruit I grow this year (after some research and help from seed savers) is at least somewhat tasty, I know I have found a "winner". I do amend my soil with compost and composted manure, but it is still pretty "tough". I'll keep you posted.

Barbara Rosholdt
Z7a

  • [NAFEX] Un-sweet muskmelons, Rosholdt, 05/20/2008