nafex - Re: [NAFEX] melons

  • From: "Deb S" <debs913@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] melons
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 21:20:11 -0400

On the oak leaves/pine needles...do they acidify your soil?  I wonder if that helps...do melons like more acidic soil?

I know melons grow well in Southern Indiana where the soil is pretty sandy.  We have clay (in fact our region is known historically for its brickmaking).  That's why I thought maybe making raised beds where I could "create" a proper soil mix might help.

About how many melons of decent size can one expect per vine?

deb (SE Ohio )

  • Re: [NAFEX] melons, Deb S, 05/18/2008