nafex - [NAFEX] K-81-6 Raspberries thriving in zone 3

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] K-81-6 Raspberries thriving in zone 3
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 08:35:15 -0500

Last year a University of Minnesota professor had an article in the Minnesota Department of Agriculture's IPM monthly magazine. In it he wrote that the K-81-6 Raspberry wouldn't survive in Minnesota. I wrote to the editor asking if Pequot Lakes was still located in Minnesota since K-81-6 is alive and thriving in my orchard. The editor refused to correct the misinformation for what must be obvious reasons (to him).
That is really too bad because K-81-6 produces easy to pick fruit that is nearly twice as large as other summer red raspberries and just slightly smaller than a Boysenberry.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] K-81-6 Raspberries thriving in zone 3, Jim Fruth, 05/18/2008