nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ground hogs and orchard mowing

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ground hogs and orchard mowing
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:06:15 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/2008 7:43:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lishimuro@yahoo.com writes:

If anyone has any tips for ridding ground hogs could you PLEASE let me know?  I have tried the heart traps, the .22 and gopher bombs.... the .22 works the best but unfortunately I am not home all the time!   What bait works good in the trap?

I have a friend who eats them. I'll bet they are good. I've not, but mainly because my wife will not cook them. I've asked! I've eaten raccoons which are delicious.

Anyway, your locally Farm Bureau Co-op or Grower’s Co-op may have gas bombs. Simply plug up all entrances except one or two. Then have dirt in the shovel ready to plug the last entrance(s), light and throw in a gas bomb (they don't blow up, but generates a stifling cloud of smoke) and plug it. Better to have all entrances ready and bomb each one. Then stand by and watch for smoke coming out of an unplugged hole.

Jerry