nafex - Re: [NAFEX] A plague of locusts!

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] A plague of locusts!
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 10:49:04 -0500

At 09:48 AM 5/15/2008, you wrote:
Locusts are grasshoppers not cicadas. Cicadas don't eat anything in
the adult form. Enjoy their songs of joy- they are breeding.

I'm with Donna - I'd be more than happy to send the cicadas to you, Ernie & Megan, so that you can enjoy their deafening mating song. I'd just as soon not have to witness and deal with the widespread destruction they'll visit upon my fruit & nut trees during oviposition - and the subsequent entry points for fireblight next year.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Cold Zone 6
AHS Heat Zone 7
Hopkinsville, KY