nafex - [NAFEX] Reply to Two Apple Problems

  • From: sherwindu <sherwindu@comcast.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Reply to Two Apple Problems
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:23:59 -0500

A possible solution to the cracking apple issue is a calcium based spray. It
has other
benefits like helping to preserve the apples. I haven't tried it yet, but it
has been
recommended to me by others. I also wonder if uneven water supply to the
trees
could cause this problem, as it does with tomatoes.

Not sure about your second question. This could be related to normal drop of
fruit
if the tree is overburdened, usually in June.

Sherwin Dubren

  • [NAFEX] Reply to Two Apple Problems, sherwindu, 04/24/2008