nafex - [NAFEX] Pakistan Mulberry

  • From: "Martha L. Davis" <martha_davis@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pakistan Mulberry
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:29:09 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

I agree with Megan, The one I tasted at an orchard visit in Oregon was very
sweet, but not particularly interesting. I have liked Illinois Everbearing
grown in Illinois, Oscars & Noir de Spain grown in Oregon and Kaester grown
in California. All have more of a sweet tart balance than Pakistan. I have
included where they were growing because A.J. Bullard in his talk at the NAFX
Meeting last year said that mulberries are quite sensitive to climate in
terms of how they do and how the varieties taste.
Noir de Spain and Kaester are Morus Nigra.
Martha