nafex - [NAFEX] Dormant oil question

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Dormant oil question
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:48:08 -0600

I'm about ready to apply dormant oil and wondered if it's considered a rainfast product? (Label doesn't say)  If so, how long does it have to be on the tree before it's rainfast?  Does rain reduce the residual effect?

Tomorrow's supposed to be clear, but every day after there's a chance of rain in the forcast.  Should I go for it tomorrow, or would the rain the next few days just wash it off?  The product is a 98% parrafin petroleum based oil.

Thanks,
Mark
KS