nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Persimmon range

  • From: Lee Reich <garden@leereich.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Persimmon range
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:53:31 -0400

I grow and ripe delicious fruits of Yates, Dooley, Szukis, and Mohler persimmons here in NY's Hudson Valley (about 80 miles north of NYC) in a cold spot, Zone 5 or, in the past, the warmer part of Zone 4. My trees are about 20 years old and winters here have dipped below minus 30 degrees F.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
The Pruning Book
Weedless Gardening