nafex - [NAFEX] persimmons in central IN

  • From: "Dianne Stephany" <iluvdanc@rochester.rr.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] persimmons in central IN
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:27:23 -0400

Title: My VistaPrint Electronic Business Card
Hi
In the country west of West Terre Haute, Indiana, was a huge old persimmon tree that we used to pick up fallen fruit to eat back in the early 1970's.  It was huge! It was taller than the two story old farmhouse near by.  There was also a persimmon tree growing on a school yard in New Goshen, IN, about 15 miles N of that site where I had my first "taste" of green persimmon when I was in first grade-sort of a rite of passage.  Need more be said?

I also know that Walda and Fred Janson had 3 persimmon trees on their Rockton, ON, Canada, orchard that they got fruit from only once every three years or so.  They had mentioned that the trees were in the borderline zone for the trees.

Dianne Stephany, Zone 5, Rochester, NY

  • [NAFEX] persimmons in central IN, Dianne Stephany, 03/10/2008