nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Re: www.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Re: www.ibiblio.org
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 08:33:12 -0600

I missed out on most of the discussion, but I can sure tell you what I miss most, and that is the NAFEX roster. It listed the names and addresses of everyone in NAFEX. I found phone numbers and called a number of members in Tennessee, had great fun talking to people. In SSE you get the same thing, a list of everyone across the country. Better yet, in SSE the yearbook comes out annually, and people comment on what they are growing and what their weather was like that year. Maybe that's what we need, a yearly checkin for everyone. Could be done email or by snail mail mail. The old Nafex roster was involuntary, but the SSE list is voluntary, you have to make an effort to be on it.
I know on Gardenweb you can go to people's profile page to find out more about them, but personally I'd prefer a place you went to to scroll down addresses and so on. If this leaves us too vulnerable to spammers, we could send in the info and recieve it in printed form. The old roster was $3, but I'd pay much more to have a list of Nafex members in my hand again. Donna