nafex - [NAFEX] backpack sprayers, etc.

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] backpack sprayers, etc.
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 09:28:34 -0500

I've used SP3, Solo and Birchmeir backpack sprayers.  Of the first 2, I prefer the SP3 because of its greater pressure (open up the nozzle and it will go up 25').  I was a little dissappointed in the Birchmeirs clunkiness- kind of like a Landrover- tough but heavy (imported and expensive).  Still I guess I'll keep using it till it wears out or I do.  Birchmeir does make a great little hand held that is far superior to any other I've used.

My primary sprayer is a Rears 25 gallon estate sprayer on bicycle wheels with a 4hp, 4 stoke Honda engine.  I use a reel with 300' of hose and a pistol gun,  I tie the whole thing down in my 4WD light truck and I'm good to cover a lot of trees.  I also use an MS marine battery powered 5 gal sprayer on wheels but I need to modify it to make it roll better on uneven ground- it was designed for a greenhouse.  A good source for spray equipment is OESCO.