nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Email vs Bulletin - archives

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Email vs Bulletin - archives
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:55:38 -0800

Yes, a friend of mine who keeps every message he has ever received was able to reinstate the entire archives of a list that had lost theirs for a reason I can't remember.

Hort.net archives some lists. I'm not sure how they decide which ones to include, but I think I read somewhere that the ones chosen are favourites of their employees. Of the 23 active gardening lists it archives, 5 are about iris. There is also one on community gardens and one on vegetables. The archives are searchable, and photos are kept as well, which is unusual.

They also keep archives of 9 inactive lists, including one on school gardens and square foot gardening.

They have a database of seed germination information, and lots of plant photos.

The site is managed by Mallorn Computing Horticultural Software Solutions.

I don't know whether they are open to archiving any other list. It could be good to have a backup.

http://www.hort.net/lists/

Diane Whitehead