nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pruning and Dormant Spray

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pruning and Dormant Spray
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:03:57 -0500

At 14:33 2008-02-18, you wrote:
I need to prune and to spray with dormant oil, and I'd also thought to
do a dormant spray of lime sulfur (apparently not within two weeks -
either side - of the oil?). But if I want to do all of these as late as
possible, is that going to work?

Bill,
Here in any garden center, up to a few years ago, I could buy "Combined dormant spray" where you mix lime sulphur with dormant oil in the same spray. Now, they don't sell it anymore because of some idiot regulation, and I have to buy a bottle of each. On the instruction, there is still written the dosage for the combined spray.

Why would you have to separate the 2 sprays by 2 weeks of time?

Claude
Quebec.