nafex - [NAFEX] Archived discussion: Re: Best Dwarfing Rootstock for Pears?

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: holycow@cookeville.com, nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Archived discussion: Re: Best Dwarfing Rootstock for Pears?
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:40:42 -0600

From: "Ethan Natelson, M.D." <natelson@stehlinclinic.com>
To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:30:08 -0600

Actually, OH x F 513 as an interstem does produce dwarfing, in contrast to Pyrodwarf, which does not.  Conference as an interstem is alleged to produce 50% dwarfing on seedling.  The interstems should be at least 12 inches in length to get the maximal effect.  I believe the Van Weil Nurseries sell Pyrodwarf.
[Ethan Natelson, M.D.]