nafex - [NAFEX] Climate Range of Pink Lady

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Climate Range of Pink Lady
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 12:33:21 -0500

Alan, they seem to just squeeze under the wire here in the mid- atlantic so I would put them in the south wall espalier category for you. This is based on local trees I have seen in early November (just pickable and requiring several months of cold storage). My own Pink Lady has not fruited yet.

I am no expert on apple harvest timing; it could be the variety tolerates an unusually early harvest, or you can let it hang well into winter, and for one of these reasons it could work up there without need for the south wall treatment.

Scott

  • [NAFEX] Climate Range of Pink Lady, Scott Smith, 02/05/2008