nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Scale on Citrus

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Scale on Citrus
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:05:36 -0800

I never found soap effective on scale, either. There's a fish oil/sesame
oil blend that can work; also a hot pepper wax that seems an effective - and
registered-for-citrus - deterrent. You can also release golden chalcid; you
can purchase those little scale-killing wasps in units of 10,000, which
could cover between 0.1 and 1 acre.

~ Stephen