nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Persistent leaves

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Persistent leaves
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:51:10 +0000

I got an off-list reply from someone in s.WI (practically a neighbor) who
sees the same thing w/ M7. And Dennis N's post, from just south of here. Yes
I've noticed TIPS of branches often holding onto leaves, and surviving just
fine, but I'd never seen leaves hang onto most of the branch length. And
besides the extreme August rain, we also had unusual autumn weather. But due
to the guidance of NAFEXlisters, I'll put worries aside and will be grafting
more apples this spring. (Spring?! Ha! Five degrees & snowing today!)
Thanks, all.

Interesting about the Nova pear. I've also seen it be stubborn about
finishing the season. Yet it's one of the hardier pears.