nafex - [NAFEX] asian pear rootstock compatibility?

  • From: John Smith <friendly27sw@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] asian pear rootstock compatibility?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:25:48 -0800 (PST)

I grafted Chojuro and Shinko Asian pears to OHF87
rootstock a couple years ago. I also grafted Seckel
to the same rootstock and planted all three near each
other in what should have been a good, uniform site.
After two growing seasons, the Seckel is nearly 7 feet
tall, while the two Asians have about 2 feet of growth
total. Does anyone know if there is some sort of
problem with this particular rootstock for Asian pears?

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.