nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Crabapples in Tennessee

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Crabapples in Tennessee
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:02:53 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

A few excellent nurseries in the area that sell crabs include:
Lawson's Nursery (terrible Web site, though- just call, the people are very
nice)
2730 Yellow Creek Rd
Ball Ground, GA 30107
(770) 893-2141

Johnson's Nursery
http://www.johnsonnursery.com/FRUIT%20PAGES/APPLES.htm#CRABAPPLES

Lee Calhoun also does some nice custom grafting & can be contacted at:
Calhoun's Nursery 295 Blacktwig Rd., Pittsboro, NC 27312, tel. 919-542-4480

A couple of others with good reputations, but I haven't personally ordered
from (yet) include:
Hidden Springs Nursery, 170 Hidden Springs Lane, Cookeville, TN 38501.
931-268-2592
and
Big Horse Creek Farm
Ron & Suzanne Joyner