nafex - [NAFEX] Grafting with Tangletrap

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grafting with Tangletrap
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:13:31 -0600

Re: "I keep hearing mention of Doc Falwell's as being a great material for
sealing grafts. I've always used Gashell and except for occasionally
getting knocked off the scion it's very good, much better than the pine
resin product I used to use. Have any of you who may have tried both
Falwell's and Gashell give me a review of relative merit?"

One time when I was to demonstrate bark grafts to students, the weather was colder than desirable and none of us could get the grafting wax to soften in our hands. Rather than to delay the demonstration for a (possibly) warmer day I used Tangletrap to seal the grafts before wrapping with parafilm. Much to my surprise all but one of several grafts took.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Grafting with Tangletrap, Jim Fruth, 12/23/2007