nafex - [NAFEX] organicism and list protocal

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] organicism and list protocal
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:51:03 -0500

It's possible to be so civil that you don't really convey your meaning.  Let's be a bit more direct.  Yes, I'm new to the list and I'm not quite sure of your point.  I don't feel  I'm being excessively strident, I'm a flautist not a trumpeter.

Just because a subject has been brought up before doesn't mean that you veterans have control or should have control of its appearance later.  When a topic comes up of no personal interest it requires no great effort to skim by and go to the next.

The points I'm bringing up may be boring leftovers to you but I think your dismissal of their basic nature (even if expressed genteelly) as being excessively strident is unfair.  These are vital issues to us all not just big- media talking points.  If members aren't interested they won't respond and the postings will disappear.

Maybe we need to have an elected government to steer postings in a direction that most pleases a majority of members.  For now I can only judge interest by the level of response.  I'm sorry, but I like controversy and I don't think that it is destructive, even on this list.  What's wrong with challenging people to think and defend their positions?  Some people like their food spicy and some bland- Isn't there room for both here?

Respectfully yours, Alan Haigh