nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fairfax strawberry

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fairfax strawberry
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:04:37 -0800

Lon J. Rombough wrote:
Leave a strawberry for two years and it will usually have been crowded out by weeds or will die from disease.

Mine didn't die out or get crowded by weeds, but I didn't manage to keep them organized. I planted several kinds of strawberries a fair distance apart, but over the years they put out runners which put out more runners and on and on until they got all mixed up.

Lon is quite right about strawberries needing care to keep identified. I now have an allotment plot, and I planted only one kind of strawberry on it.

Diane Whitehead