nafex - [NAFEX] Picking Raspberries

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Picking Raspberries
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 05:56:37 -0800 (PST)

A method we found helpful this year in raspberry picking that really cut down
on handling time was to find a small bucket that a pint container easily fit
into. We hang the bucket on our neck with a soft rope and - without having to
look - place the berries in it. They funnel down into the pint container -
which, as soon as it's full, we put a lid on. We freeze them as soon as we
are done picking without handling the berries again. This is especially
helpful for soft / fragile berries like Boyne that cannot stand much
handling. I think the bucket was a half gallon peanut butter bucket.
Del

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

  • [NAFEX] Picking Raspberries, Del Stubbs, 11/26/2007