nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mason Bee Site and Plans

  • From: derry&bill <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mason Bee Site and Plans
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 09:52:47 -0800

Murph,

The Maine site is dated 2006 and it is a bit 'out-dated'.

The planks of wood with 5/16" holes cannot be cleaned and there will be a big build-up of mites on the Blue Orchard bees.

Have a look at my site for more information
<http://derrysorchardandnursery.ca>

I've recently read on a Maine blueberry site that big condominiums are not good either because the predators are more easily attracted (?scents) and they predate the Blue Orchard bees.

Derry

Don't use PT of course.

Does PT mean 'plastic'? If so, I agree that plastic condominiums are no good.

Murph

http://www.umext.maine.edu/onlinepubs/htmpubs/7153.htm#nesting%20houses<http://www.umext.maine.edu/onlinepubs/htmpubs/7153.htm#nesting%20houses>