nafex - [NAFEX] Subject: Asian lady beetles

  • From: "Toni Pralle" <toni.pralle@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Subject: Asian lady beetles
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:27:11 -0600

>>Three weeks ago when the first wave of Asian lady beetles tried to
collect around my laundry room door (the same location they have
congregated in past autumns), I had an 'aha! moment.  I sprayed
Febreze around the doorjam, both inside and out.  No more beetles
came.>>

I will be trying this tomorrow right after I come home from the store! They're everywhere! You people who don't have them don't know what we're talking about but these are NOT lady bugs as you know them. These were imported to eat aphids from soybean fields. They are now an invasive pest. I have hundreds of them in the house and hundreds more dead and stinking in my basement. I shop vac them daily. They fall from the ceiling just like you were in a jungle with "things" falling on you. They are in food, every cup and glass, in my laundry both clean and dirty, the dog's water dish, they are EVERYWHERE. They bite and they stink. My hope is that with ethonol taking over, the beetles will starve and go far, far away. And it can't happen soon enough to please me!

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/

  • [NAFEX] Subject: Asian lady beetles, Toni Pralle, 11/13/2007