nafex - [NAFEX] Some interesting fruit facts

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd@dataone.in>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Some interesting fruit facts
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:35:13 +0530

Dear NAFEXRs,

    Do you know that:
    • Jackfruit is the LARGEST fruit.
    • Date palm is the EARLIEST fruit known to man.
    • The FIRST book on fruits was written in China and was on litchi.
    • Banana tree bears only once in its life.
    • Camucamu has the HIGHEST vitamin C content among all fruits.
I am collecting such type of interesting facts on fruits.  I have already collected over two dozen such pieces of information.

I am sure that many of you must knowing similar facts.

I shall be grateful if the same could be mailed to me.

After I have a sizeable collection, I shall start sharing it with the list members.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Plants
www.lesserknownindianplants.com