nafex - [NAFEX] Alabama A&M Ag Open House

  • From: "Shirley Murphy" <samurphy@isp.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Alabama A&M Ag Open House
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:01:12 -0500

The Alabama A&M Ag open house in Hazel Green was  well worth the trip.  Although the late freeze prevented peach production this year, I found my first taste of jujubes delicious.  The many varieties offer fruit over a long period.  Jujubes will definitely be added to my fruit collection.
They are experimenting with various methods of mushroom production both inside and outside.  (Mushrooms may not be a fruit but they do fruit!)   A rain catchment system set up with connecting plastic trash containers under a metal roof  provided a great deal of water even from minimal rain.
I came away with a lot of information and inspiration.
Thanks to Rob Hamilton for getting this started and thanks to Rhonda and Rudy for spending their Saturday to show us their projects.