nafex - Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX meeting

  • From: mark wessel <growyourown@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX meeting
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 23:44:55 -0400

I have been going to the meetings off and on since the early 90s and
loving it. Just last year Clarks keynote adrress was worth the whole trip.
And then Pete Tallmans story of developing his primocane black raspberry to
me was totally what NAFEX is all about. What an inspiring story.
Its not only smucks like me but also folks who are really doing the work
out there for the rest of us. You get to meet a lot of people you always
read about. I could go on and on. Every member should go.

In addition. There is the tasting table, the after hours fermented
beverage tasting, ........

One meeting I went to a session on peaches. We got to taste over 20
varieties.

But more than anything its about all these people sharing. Somebody most
likely has grown it or had the disease your fruit has or.... You get the
Idea. I love the meetings.

Mark

P.S. Does anyone know where next years meeting will be held. I think it
should be a western year.