nafex - [NAFEX] Fwd: Own rooted apples

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fwd: Own rooted apples
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:00:40 -0700

Clive Simms, a NAFEX member from England sent me this. He's not on the discussion list, and I thought this was worth sharing.
-Lon Rombough

Begin forwarded message:

<x-tad-bigger>I came across an interesting apple website while searching for something else and thought it might interest you too? Hugh Ermen is one of the UK’s best apple breeders and used to work at East Malling. I’m told he grows several hundred apple seedlings in a very small back garden! Anyway try </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>www.orangepippin.com</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> and then click on the ‘own rooted apples’ link. I’ve visited Helmsley Walled Garden and it’s an interesting place. They also have quite a planting of young vines, although nothing out of the ordinary and mainly French wine grapes in which I have little interest.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>

  • [NAFEX] Fwd: Own rooted apples, Lon J. Rombough, 07/18/2007