nafex - [NAFEX] Click Beetle Damage

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Click Beetle Damage
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:56:37 -0400

Dammit Dammit Dammit     !!!!!!!

Never Again  !!!

Click Beetles are Very BAD !!!

I left a bunch of them on some one-year-old Tart Cherry trees 2 weeks ago, because they were jusy perched on leaf petioles, appearing to do absolutely nothing. 'Waiting for aphids to eat', I thought, maybe, and left them be. Well friends, last Saturday I went up to find those 8 trees seriously defoliated, 4 of which are plucked bald.

No more mister nice guy. No more words like 'probably, maybe, could, sometimes, usually, etc", describing an insect's habit. Unless it is a documented, proven carnivore and does not eat leaves, I will kill it. Maybe unless you live there, and have the time to count bugs on a daily basis. I don't. I need 2 weeks of 'get away from me' that I can spray on and have it work. So far, Permethrin wins that prize.

Mad Murph.

  • [NAFEX] Click Beetle Damage, Richard MURPHY, 06/26/2007