nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing Mulberry zone 4 hardy?

  • From: "JAMES ELIE" <tomelzear@earthlink.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing Mulberry zone 4 hardy?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:20:33 -0500

I have an Illinois Everbearing that I picked up from Burnt Orchard Nursery
about four years ago. Although not getting the height I thought it would
get, it is managing in a protected southside of my garage. It is about
four five feet tall with maybe a four foot width. There has been some
winter kill near the ends of branches in past winters but it made it
through this past winter with little if any damage. It appears, so far
that I may get some fruit from it this year. I am on the eastern side of
Green Bay Wisconsin which is near the 4b/ 5a border. The Big Easter Freeze
didn't affect our still dormant plants up here.

July.

sites.
permission!

> **YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**