nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black currant taste

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black currant taste
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 07:45:01 -0400

Hello,

Yes, you can use it, as long as it is one of my nicer rants. (smile)  People stating that a blackcurrant “smells and tastes like cat urine” is one of my hot button issues that I always react to.

It turns people off, and is pejorative.  Currants fruit so quickly people should decide for themselves.

Blackcurrant wine, and cassis are two of my favorites.

Blackcurrants smell and taste “healthily invigorating”.  I wonder why they are not used for room freshening.

Yes, blackcurrant fruit need sweetener added to be at their best, but so does; apple pie, strawberry shortcake, blueberry pie, all jams and jellies, along with most all fruit.

See, I am ranting again. (smile)

Later,

Tom