nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Control for persimmon psylla?

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Control for persimmon psylla?
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 09:01:41 -0600

I have a lot of psylla here in northern TN, but I have not seen any
detrimental effects, just minor cosmetic damage. The trees are growing very
vigorously now in their second year, having reached about 10 feet, with the
grafts about 4 feet off the ground. I also got my scions from Scott, so I'm
growing the same clones. I'm wondering if Scott's spraying to control them
is eliminating/reducing a beneficial insect. I have never sprayed anything
on mine.

Hal