nafex - [NAFEX] a very pleasant surprise!

  • From: "Toni Pralle" <toni.pralle@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] a very pleasant surprise!
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 21:26:17 -0500

I thought all my grapes had died this winter but lo and behold, I have green things coming on a few of them. I didn't even mow around them or anything because I thought they were gone. Now the problem. Do I mow now? Or leave the tall grass around them? This is nice lawn grass, not weedy grass. I've watered and we have had rain so there is a chance they will survive. The vine is "old" wood about 6 inches tall. The new shoots are coming from that so nothing very tall. Just let them go? Keep them watered? Fertilize? With what? When? These were new last year and didn't get enough water last summer. I've got a better system this year.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/