nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wild Service berry trials

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: <chex.rice@gmail.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wild Service berry trials
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 09:50:42 -0500

Chex, I was intrigued to see just how many species there are of Amelanchiar, and some differences in flavor. It would be nice to compare flavor and production of various cultivars, but for many of us disease resistance is the #1 limiting factor. Also, I have to wonder about soils, mineral requirements, etc. My juneberries wouldn't grow till I added boron, which was the limiting factor in apple trees here too. Donna