nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Anyone know where to get a Sal's fig?

  • From: "Matt Demmon" <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Anyone know where to get a Sal's fig?
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 20:12:14 -0400

Ha, I'm only 29. ;) Looking forward to many years of fruit and nut
fun. Just getting started on my own land.

-matt
ann arbor, mi

On 5/13/07, Regina M. Kreger <regina@kreger.net> wrote:

I will still be 30-something for another 19 days .... defiantly a
"youngster"

loneroc wrote:
Thanks for the offer, Doc---

I thought you might have been the Southern doctor mentioned in the fig
posting. I will remind you this fall. I'll probably contact you in October
so scions can be mailed before our cold hits. You can always pull the
leaves of then to hasten dormancy.

All this is contingent on me remembering, of course. Having started the
down-hill slide from 50 a few weeks ago my memory isn't gone yet, but I
think improvement at this stage is not in the cards. Wonder if there are
any youngsters on this list at all? Interest in specialty areas of
horticulture seems to be on the wane. I guess that playing video games
offers more entertainment than watching apple trees grow.
("Congratulations---you've reached the winter pruning level--would you like
to play again?")

Steve H. Lone Rock, WI