nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Disease resistant apples for Minnesota-Keepsake

  • From: Terry Bradshaw <terryb@lostmeadowvt.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Disease resistant apples for Minnesota-Keepsake
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:22:49 -0400

I'd be surprised if Keepsake remained disease (scab) free in such a wet area without fungicides, especially if you have any nearby apples blowing spores around. It might get less than some cultivars (McIntosh), but without specifis scab resistance genes I'd expect it would succimb at some point. That said, it may get little enough of it to meet non-commercial standards.

TB

What about Keepsake? It's listed as intermediate scab resistance. I'm
thinking at some point I'd like to try growing it. Is it realistic to think
it can be grown without fungicide in an area that gets about 40 inches of
rain/year?
Mark
Kansas

--
Terence Bradshaw

http://www.lostmeadowvt.com

  • Re: [NAFEX] Disease resistant apples for Minnesota-Keepsake, Terry Bradshaw, 04/25/2007